URBAN ZEN INTEGRATIVE THERAPY TRAINING
This program is designed for individuals who are already established in one or more of the Urban Zen modalities (yoga teacher, Reiki practitioner, doctor, nurse or other allied medical professional, essential oil therapist). Though students are in class for only 12 days, students will have up to 12 months to complete all the program requirements.
Three Modules make up the 12 days: (more schedule details, click here)
Module 1: January 16 - 20, 2018
Module 2: March 1 - 3, 2018
Module 3: April 4 - 7, 2018
Each training day begins with a yoga class which includes active and restorative poses, breath work and meditation. The rest of each day is filled with lectures and discussions for the full group and in more intimate, mentor-led small groups and UZIT practice sessions.
Lectures and practice sessions include training in the 5 UZIT modalities and how to layer them to alleviate the pain, anxiety, nausea, insomnia, constipation and exhaustion.
Therapeutically-oriented yoga including in-chair and in-bed Mindful Movements, restorative yoga, breathing practices and guided meditation/body scans
Level 1 Reiki training for self-practice and for use in clinical settings.
Essential Oil Therapy training and practice with 12 therapeutic-grade essential oils including Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Frankincense and other special blends. Participants will learn benefits and contra-indications for each essential oil.
Nutrition including nutritional information as a form of self-care for UZITs.
Contemplative Care, training and practice in the ability to stay present, calm and effective in the midst of suffering.
The UZIT program equips nurses and other care-givers with the necessary tools to avoid the burnout that is rampant in their professions. UZITs learn techniques for grounding, relaxation and restoration in order to be present as they serve. As Roshi Joan Halifax says, “Healthcare without self-care is sick care.”
WHAT ARE MY CLINICAL TRAINING OPTIONS?
We are working with our affiliations with two excellent institutions for your clinical rotation and will offer more information in the near future.
If you do not live in the greater Chicagoland area, we will work with you to find an appropriate clinical site in your area.
WHAT ARE THE GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS?
In order to successfully complete the UZIT Training program and receive certification, you must fulfill all of the following:
To be completed before the start of clinical practicums:
- Attendance at all the in-person training sessions.
- 18 practice sessions with friends and family, starting after the first in-person training session and due one week before the third in-person training session
- Finish weekly homework logs
- Complete, with passing grades, all written tests before the third in-person training
- Pass the clinical assessment at the third in-person training (a practice session where a fellow trainee plays the role of a patient from a real-life case study)
- Attendance on, or listening to recordings of, a minimum of 80% of weekly phone calls
- Complete basic CPR training and submit certificate of completion
- Secure and submit proof of proper liability insurance
- All of the above to be completed and reviewed to the satisfaction of your mentor, mentor assistant or other UZIT staff
- Completion of any of the individual clinical location requirements, i.e., background check, drug and/or TB screening, influenza immunization and/or any other site-specific requirements.
To graduate - all of the above must be in good order and the following:
- A minimum of 50 hours of clinical practicums in a hospital or clinical setting is required. Some of these hours will be following/assisting mentors, some will be partnering with other trainees, and some will be on your own (completed on or before the date provided at the start of your program.
- Completion of three audio recordings (two body awareness meditations and one breath awareness practice)
- Completion of a Final Assessment – a mentor-observed session, either in-person at the clinical location or via video for out-of-town trainees
- Completion of a 3-day Fun Lovin' Wellness silent retreat or other comparable silent retreat approved by the Fun Lovin' Wellness UZIT staff (cost of Fun Lovin' Wellness retreat or another retreat is not included in the UZIT program fees)
- Training must be paid for in full
All graduates of the program will be certified Urban Zen Integrative Practitioners. Yoga teachers who have graduated from a 200-hour, Yoga Alliance registered teacher training program are eligible to register as 300-hour yoga teachers upon completion of the Urban Zen training and some additional workshops.
We invite you talk to us dirctly - call 630-248-6575.
For Tuition info, click here.
Previous Urban Zen students or graduates may retake the training at a reduced rate.
To apply please DOWNLOAD and complete the application, and email it or mail it to: Fun Lovin' Wellness, 3508 ELiot Lane, Naperville, IL 60564
Thank you for your interest in this program. If you have questions, please feel free to call us - 630-248-6575.