I have tunes of the season rolling off my tongue this month, do you? The one on my mind right now is It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. Singing it gets my hips swaying in my office chair. It’s an oldie but a goodie, and I’m going to use the lyrics to remind us what giving is all about.
With the kids jingle belling and everyone telling you ‘Be of good cheer’, we can get caught up in the hustle and bustle very quickly. What can you do to bring a sense of calm to the chaos and in effect change the atmosphere? You guessed it!
- Plug in your diffuser and add your favorite scent. What will you choose? This time of year I enjoy Christmas Spirit, Peace & Calming and Joy in the diffuser for the main living area. By changing the air we breathe in our home, in our car, at our office, we subtly shift our environment to a more balanced state.
- Take a moment to practice your belly breathing, even if you have to hide in the bathroom to do so. I won’t tell!
There’ll be parties for hosting, marshmallows for toasting and caroling out in the snow. December is a time for gathering with friends and family. We eat more and differently than we do at other times. We grab hor d’oeuvres and comfort foods and cover everything in rich sauces. The holiday baking is colorful and delightfully offered everywhere you go. Did visions of sugar plums dance in your head just now? Shake it off!
- Remember to drink your NingXia Red for proper nutrients and add Vitality oils to your water and holiday recipes.
- I like to add citrus Vitality oils to my hot tea and suck on Thieves cough drops to keep my voice in tip top shape for caroling and conversing with friends.
- Bring your winter wellness oils with you wherever you go. Buddy the Elf says ‘The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!’ Your friends will want what you’re having!
There'll be scary ghost stories and tales of the glories of the Christmases long, long ago. Do memories of favorite times around the holidays pop into your head each year? Are there some memories that bring emotions opposing good cheer? We all go through suffering and hard times. Some more than others, and many are affected strongly during the holidays. If this is you, my heart is with you and I encourage you to reach out to your Fun Lovin’ Oil community. Let us all gently be open with empathy and compassion, knowing we have access to an arsenal of goodness that will help. Gary Young specifically named the oil blends to ease situations like these, and there are plenty to choose from, so enjoy making your wish list and checking it twice!
- Smells affect our mind and body, and have an impact on our memory. Oils blends from Young Living such as Inspiration, Motivation, Forgiveness, 3 Wise Men, and Inner Child come to the surface as a scent you may desire to wear and leave behind for others to smell and have the affects too.
- Sometimes being still and listening is the best gift you can give to someone. In UZIT, we call this baring witness. Sit and listen with no reaction fully being present for the person talking.
- Standing yoga poses can give you the strength to endure these times. Practice Triangle or warrior and see how they allow you to feel after.
When you take time in your day to realign with a few yoga moves, do breathing exercises, inhale or wear essential oils, you present yourself at your best for others.
It’s the hap-happiest season of all. Truly, I want to thank each and every one of you for being in in my life. Your presence as we unite together in desiring the best for our self-care and family wellness makes us a mighty force for wellness and good cheer!
There'll be much mistletoeing and hearts will be glowing when loved ones are near. Let’s be honest. Each year people gift me fake-scented stuff because they know I am into aromatherapy. What is that all about?!? Friends, know what is real and what is not. I pray no ‘fake’ aromatherapy gifts this year.
Fragrance has been labeled the new ‘second hand smoke’ in the workplace and storefronts. Oh boy did I get a whiff of all this shopping this weekend at the big box stores that think they are selling essential oils! YIKES! The fragrance referred to is all of the toxic chemicals we breathe in daily. How many rub their noses or better yet, cover your nose and breath through your scarf when they walk into a retail store with scented candles, perfumes, and cleaning products?!? Have you rubbed your head wondering what brought on that ache? Instant bad sensations fill me in this situations!
Synthetic fragrances were developed to cover the scent of paints, cleaners and refuse. Perfumes and colognes once made from essential oils were mass marketed by duplicating in synthetic forms to meet the needs of growing populations who wanted to smell good. According to the CDC, cleaning agents, air fresheners, perfumes and shampoos are a few of the fragrant products that contain volatile compounds when inhaled. Read the warning labels on products used in your home and office. They keep the manufacturer safe, NOT YOU and those you love.
Thirty years ago Gary Young began steam distilling plants to use the life essence of the plant therapeutically once again for better health and wellness. From top-notch soil and seeds, he farmed and tilled the lands, set up scientific research and development, and began what we know as Young Living Essential Oils today. I am an oil snob and only use Young Living Essential Oils – I know where they come from and that they are REALLY pure.
By your choice to purchase therapeutic-grade essential oils over mass produced synthetic products, we are changing our atmosphere, and our children’s future environment for the better. We lessen exposure to harsh chemicals, providing safer work places and cleaner homes. I can’t think of a better gift to give, can you?